Please do not visit us if:
- You are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms; or
- You have been in contact with someone within the last 14 days who has subsequently contracted the virus.
COVID MEASURES FROM 6TH FEBRUARY 2022.
To our fantastic climbing communities: We’ve come a long way together in the last few months since we took over the climbing wall at West View. Now we’ve passed through the recent Omicron surge and with the Government removing compulsory mask wearing we have reduced our own measure slightly and increased our capacity levels. We are still mindful of the ever evolving COVID situation and continue to act with our customers best interests at heart and will adapt again in future when the situation calls for it.
Controlling our capacities allows you to maintain social distancing while climbing and reduces the risk of transmission. Ventilation also plays a key part and we continue to maximise this at all of our centres. We are getting closer to our maximum capacities and with the following small increases you will still be able to comfortably manage your spacing. We will monitor and adjust if needed.
|PrestonWall||Max Capacity||Capacity from 6th February 2022|
|Arc’teryx Room (small)||20||15|
Masks are once again compulsory in shops, retail outlets and public transport. We have also brought this to our centres.
|Who||Mask policy from 6th February 2022.|
|Staff Team||Masks 100% of the time.
Setters – masks off in setting areas
|Independent climbers||Masks politely requested in proximity to Reception and in corridors etc. to protect staff and other customers.|
|Instructed climbers aged 12 and up.||Masks on with exemptions allowed whilst climbing.|
|Aged 11 & under||Masks encouraged but not enforced.|
Instructed sessions will continue under their current ratios. Masks must be worn by all participants aged 12+, optional but encouraged for those 11 and under.
A few miscellaneous updates:
- Our full-time team members will be doing lateral flow testing twice per week and part-time staff once per week. This is to help identify potential transmission within the team early
- We will maintain our regular cleaning
- Alcohol hand gel will be readily available around the centre
- We will have Perspex screens at reception
- Social distancing will no longer be enforced by the team but signage will be in place
- You will need to check out at the end of each session so we have accurate tracking records for Public Health England if needed
Our recommendations while climbing at our centres to reduce transmission of the virus:
- Please adhere to our mask policy, staff will enforce this, if you refuse to comply you may be asked to leave
- Maintain 1m+ plus distance from other climbers as much as possible
- Keep conversations with our staff team brief as they serve hundreds of climbers each shift
- When socialising with other climbers, keep your distance and wear a mask
- Sanitise your hands on arrival and regularly throughout your session
- Get vaccinated as soon as you are able, if you are able
Our Covid-19 Risk Assessments are here
Trying to give you unhindered but safe access to our centres in the coming months will be a tricky balancing act. Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation with our evolving policies.
We keep them all under regular review.
Thanks for reading and, if you have questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us through [email protected]
The PrestonWall team.