Please do not visit us if:
- You are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms; or
- You have been in contact with someone within the last 14 days who has subsequently contracted the virus.
COVID MEASURES FROM 30TH NOVEMBER 2021.
To our fantastic climbing communities: We’ve come a long way together in the last few months since we took over the climbing wall at West View. We opened our doors during a time when COVID-19 measures were easing throughout the country, much helped by the vaccine roll-out and of course, the weather. Now we are entering the winter months, COVID cases are on the increase and with the Government reintroducing compulsory mask wearing in shops, other retail and public transport we have decided to pre-empt the next stage and reintroduce them to our centres. We feel we have always had our customers best interests at heart and have led the way with COVID safety and looking after our team in the Lakeland Climbing Centres.
Controlling our capacities allows you to maintain social distancing while climbing and reduces the risk of transmission. Ventilation also plays a key part and we continue to maximise this at all of our centres. We are a long way off our maximum capacities and with the following small increases you will still be able to comfortably manage your spacing. We will monitor and adjust if needed.
|PrestonWall||Max Capacity||Capacity from 30th Nov 2021|
|Arc’teryx Room (small)||20||15|
Masks are once again compulsory in shops, retail outlets and public transport. We have also brought this to our centres.
|Who||Mask policy from 30th November 2021|
|Staff Team||Masks 100% of the time.
Setters – masks off in setting areas
|Independent climbers||Masks on in proximity to Reception and in corridors etc. to protect staff and other customers.
In climbing areas Masks on when NOT climbing or belaying ONLY. Staff will enforce in all areas.
|Instructed climbers aged 12 and up.||Masks on with exemptions allowed whilst climbing.|
|Aged 11 & under||Masks optional – encouraged but not enforced. Not enforced at reception as under 11’s are ‘exempt’, but under 11’s should be moved through reception area as quickly as possible.|
Booking is useful to guarantee your climbing slot. As we head into winter we expect the wall to be busier during peak times so may have to limit your climbing session to two hours or ask you to change area. The £1 booking fee guarantees your space as is not off-set against the entry fee nor refundable.
Instructed sessions will continue under their current ratios. Masks must be worn by all participants aged 12+, optional but encouraged for those 11 and under.
A few miscellaneous updates:
- Our full-time team members will be doing lateral flow testing twice per week and part-time staff once per week. This is to help identify potential transmission within the team early
- We will maintain our regular cleaning
- Alcohol hand gel will be readily available around the centre
- We will have Perspex screens at reception
- Social distancing will no longer be enforced by the team but signage will be in place
- You will need to check out at the end of each session so we have accurate tracking records for Public Health England if needed
Our recommendations while climbing at our centres to reduce transmission of the virus:
- Please adhere to our mask policy, staff will enforce this, if you refuse to comply you may be asked to leave
- Maintain 1m+ plus distance from other climbers as much as possible
- Keep conversations with our staff team brief as they serve hundreds of climbers each shift
- When socialising with other climbers, keep your distance and wear a mask
- Sanitise your hands on arrival and regularly throughout your session
- Get vaccinated as soon as you are able, if you are able
Our Covid-19 Risk Assessments are here
Trying to give you unhindered but safe access to our centres in the coming months will be a tricky balancing act. Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation with our evolving policies.
We keep them all under regular review.
Thanks for reading and, if you have questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us through [email protected]
The PrestonWall team.